Monday, February 26, 2024

The Tissue Paper IQ Test

Tissues that come in cube-shaped boxes, “aka “cubes,” cost at least twice as much per tissue than those in the rectangular-shaped boxes. Both boxes cost about the same. But the cubes usually contain less than half the number of tissues as the rectangular-shaped boxes.

And yet my wife insists that I buy cubes. They take up less space on tables and the toilet tank; this is true, I admit. But still, I buy the rectangulars and then transfer the tissues into two empty cubes.

She complains about this and tries to throw away the empty cubes before I can refill them. But I persist.

I just can’t bring myself to buy cubes. I imagine the folks that monitor the security cameras look for people who are too stupid to realize that cubes are a bad deal. And then they post pictures of their subjects on some special website, similar to “People of Walmart.”

Is there a website called “People Who Pay Two Times More Than Necessary For Tissues” out there?  I doubt it, but I’m not taking any chances.

No comments: