Saturday, December 16, 2023

My Wordle Strategy With “A” Words

I wrote a few weeks ago about Wordle, and that my starting word is STEAM.1

As well, I wrote that my strategy is to enter guesses that end in Y, and to choose words that contain repeated letters.

Suppose the letter A was flagged as correct but in the wrong position (STEAM). My next guess would be AGAIN.

But suppose the letter A was flagged as correct and in the correct position (STEAM). My next guess might be AURAL to check for the double A, or more likely FORAY to check for a trailing Y.  LUNAR also is tempting, since the letters L, N and R occur commonly.

I’ll follow up with more second guess words next week. Meanwhile, please let me know what your starting word is and why.


https://ludditegeek.blogspot.com/2023/11/introducing-my-wordle-strategy.html

No comments: