According to the Free Software Foundation1:
- Microsoft announced that, starting with Windows 10, it will begin forcing lower-paying users to test less-secure new updates before giving higher-paying users the option of whether or not to adopt them.
- Microsoft is reported to give the NSA special security tip-offs that it could use to crack into Windows computers.
"What am I supposed to do about it?" I hear you ask.
- Don't upgrade to Windows 10.
- Begin to use Free Software that runs under Windows. Here's a small excerpt of all that's available.
- Download and try a free Linux Live CD.
- Install one of the many free Linux Distros on a spare computer.
- Spread the word about Free Software using responsible social media.
- Buy a computer that has a free Linux Distro pre-installed on it.
|Close Windows, Open Doors|